- The Gardens are 1 mile southwest of the city centre. The main entrance is on Clarkehouse Road, just along from the Hallamshire Hospital. There are also entrances at Botanical Road and Thompson Road, which is just off Ecclesall Road.
- A downloadable map is available: Location of Sheffield Botanical Gardens (displays in a new window).
Travelling to the Gardens and Parking
- By public transport:
There are regular buses from the city centre to the Gardens.
Main entrance on Clarkehouse Road - numbers 10 (hourly), 30 (half-hourly) and 505 (hourly).
Ecclesall Road for the Thompson Road entrance - numbers 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 and 88 serve Ecclesall Road every few minutes.
See www.travelsouthyorkshire.com for details (displays in a new window).
- Park and Ride:
There is a Park and Ride facility at the Abbeydale Road Tesco. From here, 2 bus routes serve the Gardens: 505 operated by TM travel, which runs every half an hour until 6.10pm, stops on Clarkehouse Road, Mondays to Fridays only.
85 operated by First, which stops on Ecclesall Road. This service also runs at the weekend. Timetables are on www.travelsouthyorkshire.com (displays in a new window)
- By coach:
Coaches can park on Clarkehouse Road near the main entrance.
- By car:
If you are travelling by car, take the B6069 to reach the Clarkehouse Road entrance or the A625 for the Thompson Road entrance.
There is NO parking inside the Gardens. Parking is possible along Clarkehouse Road and near to the Thompson Road entrance, although restrictions apply during peak times.
- Cycling is not allowed inside the Gardens and cyclists are asked to dismount whilst in the Gardens.
- Cycle stands are planned at the entrances as part of the restoration programme.
- Parking for disabled visitors is available via the Thompson Road entrance.
- As part of the restoration programme, we are making sure that people in wheelchairs can access all parts of the Gardens. The site is gently sloping and there are still a few sets of steps, but wherever there are steps there is an alternative, wheelchair-friendly route.